Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween Blog #2: Halloween Food

Halloween is a time for lots of yummy/bad for you treats. Now that I think about that so is Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, News Year Eve, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, and so on. Not only do I get all the classic Halloween treats I also get some form of cake and presents (YAY!).
Here is a breakdown of all my favorite Halloween goodies. Nom nom!

Caramel/Candy Apples
Who doesn't love a good sugary covered apple this time of year? Has anyone else noticed that caramel/candy apples are getting a little fancier each year? Besides the classic, plain caramel and candy I have also seen some with nuts, rainbow sprinkles, M&Ms, marshmallows, and this summer I saw one at a gourmet candy shop by Cincinnati covered in peanut butter and Reese's Pieces!


Candy Corn
Not my favorite but I do enjoy a nice, healthy handful of candy corn every now and then. I think that candy corn is more cute than tasty and it is symbolic of the season.
Photobucket

Popcorn Balls
These are great as long as you don't break a tooth! They are way better when they are homemade. Since popcorn balls are a royal pain in the ass to make I can settle with packaged ones.
Photobucket

Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale
I just learned to appreciate the joys of beer this year. Oh, and I am glad I did! The Blue Moon Brewing Co. comes out with special seasonal brews and my favorite is the Autumn Pumpkin Ale. It's a little weird at first and I was apprehensive at first. It doesn't taste like a piece of pumpkin pie smashed up in a beer like one would think. It's more of a darker beer with an occasional taste of pumpkin. Bottoms up!!
Photobucket

Caramel Apple Pops
These are my absolute favorite candy! I couldn't find them for a few years and my Halloween season was just not the same. I found some at Meijer a few weeks and I snapped and bought 4 bags!
Photobucket

Halloween Cupcakes
I usually end up with cupcakes on Halloween. Last year for my birthday, I ended up ordering way too many from the bakery. When my mom went to pick them up there was a lady next to her who was also picking up Halloween cupcakes. The lady said "Do you have a Halloween baby, too?"
"Yes."
"How old is yours?"- the lady asked
"She is 21."
"Mine is 1 today."
FAIL!
This year I am making my own damn cake (even though those bakery cupcakes are super cute).
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment